Logic Problem #32: Racing Horses?
Logic Problem #32: Racing Horses? … The first race at the Middleville Track was a five-horse race. The horses were Stillwind, Fleur-de-Lis, Graymere, Fool's Friend, and Emergency. The jockeys – Smith, Jones, Wilson, McCoy, and Larson, each wore a cap of a different color. One wore red, one wore yellow, one blue, one green, and one wore orange. From the clues given, try to determine the jockey of each horse, the color of his cap, and the order in which the race finished.
1. Graymere won but was not ridden by the jockey with the yellow cap.
2. Stillwind finished ahead of McCoy's horse but behind the blue-capped jockey; however, none of these finished first.
3. Neither Graymere, Fleur-de-Lis nor Emergency were ridden by the jockey with the red cap but one was ridden by Jones and another by Larson and the other was the horse who finished fourth.
4. Fool's Friend finished ahead of the horse ridden by the jockey in the red cap, who finished ahead of McCoy, who finished ahead of the jockey with the orange cap.
5. Neither Fleur-de-Lis nor Graymere was ridden by Larson or Smith and none of these horses or riders finished second.
Stillwind- red, 3rd, Smith
Fleur-de-Lis- yellow, 4th, McCoy
Graymere- green, 1st, Jones
Fool's Friend- blue, 2nd, Wilson
Emergency- orange, 5th, Larson
Disclaimer – The Views Expressed In This Article Are Provided By A 3rd Party And May Not Match Those Of Our Website